[ITK-users] Problem calculating surface ITK mesh

[ITK-users] Problem calculating surface ITK mesh

Elli
Dear all,

I am facing a problem calculating the surface of an ITK mesh.
Originally I have an image mask and converted this mask to a triangle mesh. In order to calculate the surface, I wanted to convert this mesh to a simplex mesh using:

    typedef itk::SimplexMesh< float, 3 > TSimplex;
    typedef itk::TriangleMeshToSimplexMeshFilter< MeshType, TSimplex > TConvert;

    // Convert the triangle mesh to a simplex mesh.
    TConvert::Pointer convert = TConvert::New();
    convert->SetInput(meshSource->GetOutput());
    convert->Update();

As I found it in one example. But in this case my software starts calculating and never stops.

So, now I tried to calculate the surface of every cell and add these surfaces. But is there maybe another, nicer way?

Thanks a lot in advance

Elli

The ITK community is transitioning from this mailing list to discourse.itk.org. Please join us there!
Powered by www.kitware.com

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Re: [ITK-users] Problem calculating surface ITK mesh

Dženan Zukić
Hi Elisabeth,

you could try using BinaryImageToStatisticsLabelMapFilter or some other filter from the same group. The feature you want to pay attention to is 'perimeter'.

Regards,
Dženan