[ITK-users] Binary Volume Registration by maximizing overlapping between two volumes

[ITK-users] Binary Volume Registration by maximizing overlapping between two volumes

Sharmin Sultana

Hi

I am trying to rigidly register two segmented 3D binary volume. What I need is to maximize the overlapping between two volumes.

I tried MatchingCardinalityImageToImageMetric and Amoeba Optimizer as in example ImageRegistration19.cxx. It works for 2D image, however in 3D it is very slow and at the end of the registration the moving image doesn’t align with the fixed image.

Is there any registration example in ITK that works well for binary volume registration? I was wondering if there is anyone who used KappaStatisticImageToImageMetric to do binary volume registration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Sharmin

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Re: [ITK-users] [ITK] Binary Volume Registration by maximizing overlapping between two volumes

Andras Lasso

Binary images are often converted to distance maps and registered as regular grayscale volumes. If you would like to further discuss this, please the question at https://discourse.itk.org/.

Andras